Looking for the 13 inches Vs 15 inches laptop for college? You’ve come to the right place.
Our Top Picks For You…
Sometimes there is no major difference between a 13 inch or 15-inch laptop but for some other times, this 2 inches difference matters a lot. There are several factors that you need to take into account before handing over your hard-earned money. In some ways, many of the factors are linked together.
My Top Pick…
If you are in a hurry and don’t have so much time in reading detailed reviews of these products, you can go with our top pick Microsoft Surface Book 2 among them. You Can also check the customer reviews and the discounted price of this Product on Amazon.
13 inches Vs 15 inches Laptop For College
Let’s dive into the detailed review section of these products!
- Processor: 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8650U...
- Memory: 8GB RAM 1866Mhz LPDDR3
- Storage: 256GB Solid State Drive. Graphics:...
Silver Microsoft Surface Book 2 comes with a variety of appealing features and that always creates best for you to work with your burdens of any kind of tasks as it is capable enough of doing things for you with super comfort.
Key features and specifications of Microsoft Surface book are:
- General specifications include 1 hour of battery life, available in 13.5” and 15” sizes, up to 16 GB RAM, up to 1TB storage, operating windows 10, and high-speed Intel core processor.
- the best surface for gaming and work unlimited with Microsoft Surface book.
- Premium, lightweight materials.
- stunning display specifically designed for Surface pen and touch.
- connect devices with USB, full-size SD card, or surface Dock.
- Features 3240 x 2160 screen resolution.
- 10 points touch support
Microsoft surface book 2 is a perfect blend of features that fits best with the needs of most of the customers. It can be your laptop or tablet or a studio or gamming station at the same time with long battery life giving you an easy to switch from one feature to another quickly.
- 2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 Processor
- Brilliant Retina Display with True Tone...
- Touch Bar and Touch ID
A new kind of magic keyboard, larger display, better sound, and improved fastest performance make New Apple MacBook Pro an excellent choice for college students.
Key features and specifications are:
- General specifications include 13 inches screen, Core i7 CPU, 16GB RAM, up to 8TB storage and 64GB of memory.
- Retina display
- Unit processor with up to 8 cores.
- Magic keyboard equipped with a scissor mechanism
- MULTITASKING PERFORMANCE IN AN ULTRA-PORTABLE...
- DISPLAY: 13.3-inch diagonal FHD IPS...
- MEMORY: 8 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (not upgradable)
A full HD business and educational laptop with a touch screen display with Windows 10 can be the best choice laptop for college students.
Key features and specifications of HP Pavilion are:
- General specifications include 13.3” inches touch screen and Intel Core i5 processor.
- 8 GB A8 RAM.
- Windows 10 home.
- Bright screen with sharp vivid colors.
- Sleek, lightweight, and portable design.
- USB ports available
HP Pavilion is a powerful package with must-have beauty and grace for your college-going children as it comes in beautiful mineral silver design with metal cover.
- 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8250U Processor...
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen...
- 8GB Dual Channel Memory & 256GB SSD
Every once in a while, a laptop comes along that defies its low price and Acer Aspire E 15 is one among them. Punching well above its weight class, the 15-inch machine has a sharp 1080p display, good performance and a variety of ports.
Key features are:
- General specifications include 15.6” full HD display, 8th generation Intel Core i3 processor, 6GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, 6 GB dual-channel memory, and Windows 10.
- An overall plane design with subtle cross-etching on the dark-grey lid.
- Excellent assortment of all the essential ports
- a blast from the past, featuring USB 2.0 port and a double-layer drive.
- USB-C ports along with Ethernet ports, a VGA input, and two USB 3.0 ports.
- Sharp non-touch display
- The maximum brightness of 227 nits
- Comfortable keyboard to type on, the full-size keys are well spaced.
- speakers loud enough to fill a large room
With solid performance, good battery, a comfortable keyboard, double-layer drive, and plenty of ports, the Acer Aspire E 15 is one of the best purchasing values on the market.
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7 8565u Processor...
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED...
- 802.11AC Wi Fi | Backlit keyboard | upto 9.5...
Aspire 5 is among some of the best laptops of time due to its slimmer, thinner, lighter and still an impossibly good performance design which can go good for college-level students.
Key features of Aspire 5 are:
- General specifications include 15.6”inches display, 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5 processor, and Windows 10.
- If it does not give 100% of glory, it will give you 100% of performance.
- Two USB 3.0 ports and one USB 2.0 port
- Full HD display with HDMI output.
Acer Aspire 5 is a slim and sleek design that delivers more performance for your money than you might expect.
Onboard for college? Confused about the laptop size that would be best for you? In this era, technology has gotten so advanced that even our education system requires us to bring laptops with us. In such cases, students need to make sure that the laptop that they intend to buy is either portable and durable or not. Whether it would fit in their backpack or not.
They are often confused by the laptop size as it’s the key factor for them. For many years, the debate has been occurring among college students whether 13-inch laptops are good for students or 15-inch laptops. The debate is endless because different people have different preferences and hence, they will vote for different laptops sizes.
Note that there are many laptops that are currently being offered in different sizes, under various price tags. However, the key to finding the perfect laptop size depends on various factors that you need to consider before spending your hard-earned money.
Selecting a 13 inch or 15-inch laptop is not just a simple case of ”smaller/Larger laptop” anymore. A lot of other things matter when you are choosing the right size laptop for you like you travel a lot or rarely, how you use it, what kind of dedicated graphics for gaming and creative work you need, 4k or not a 4k resolution laptop, which ports you must want in your laptop and a lot more other things. Here are some of the most trustworthy 13” inches and 15” inches laptops for you to choose from to lead everything that comes your way either educational or gaming or other entertainments.
Features To Consider?
While debating on the 13 inches vs 15 inches laptop for college students, you need to keep an eye at various factors.
How Do You Plan On Using Your Laptop And Where?
Before buying a laptop, you need to ask yourself about the use of your laptop. If you are a college student and your study requires you to keep your laptop with you 24/7 then you definitely would want a laptop that is portable. And portability, my friends, is influenced by the laptop size.
The bigger the laptop sizes, the more you are compromising on the portability factor. Therefore, if portability is your main concern, then for you guys a 13 inches laptop would definitely work better than the 15 inches laptop. The smaller the laptop size is, the lighter it would be to carry.
There are various brands like dell that offer some laptops that are equipped with 15-inch display screens in a 14-inch laptop. Like this brand, many other competitive brands have launched such compact laptops as well.
Whether It Would Fit In Your Backpack Or Not?
The next factor that needs your consideration is whether your bought laptop is going to fit in your bag or not. Since you can’t always be carrying your laptop in your hand, you have to think of an alternative like keeping it in your backpack. Now, if you have a large size laptop then certainly you would be able to put the laptop in your backpack. You have to carry it all the way to your college.
Apart from that, being large, it would definitely be heavy and difficult to carry. In short, you would be sacrificing your arms. However, small-sized laptops can easily fit in your bag and won’t drain your energy as they are super lightweight. Among the 13 inches vs 15 inches laptop for college students, 13 inches are the more suitable one so they can easily fit in a student’s backpack and are extremely lightweight.
Think About The Graphic Card For Gaming Or For Creation
As a college student, do you intend to use your laptop for work like editing or content creation or do you intend to use it for gaming? This question will decide the size of your laptop. A 13-inch laptop can provide you with bigger performance capabilities and no doubt 15-inch laptops can provide you the same. So where is the difference? It lies in space.
A big laptop will certainly provide you with more GPU space and more cooling effect, unlike the small ones that tend to become overheated more easily as they have a small room for GPU. This is the reason you are not able to find a GTX 1060 GPU in a 13-inch Ultrabook.
If you are planning on doing some tedious work like gaming or editing then it would be better than you have more GPU space. Hence, 15-inch laptops would be best in this scenario. However, if you just have to do random browsing on the internet, you can do away with 13-inch laptops.
Whether You Want A 4k Resolution Or Not?
The next question before between the 13 inches vs 15 inches laptop for college, you need to ask yourself, what kind of resolution do you want your laptop to have? If it’s just the standard HD resolution, then certainly you can do away with just a 13-inch laptop however, if you want a 4k display then it would be best for you to have a 15-inch laptop with you as such a laptop would be able to properly display pixels on its widescreen.
In the end, it’s not about which one between the 13 inches vs 15 inches laptop for college hit the home run. It all depends on your preference and the type of work that you intend to do. Obviously, if you have bigger needs, you would opt for a big size laptop, and if its portability and a simple task that you intend to do, then smaller size laptops would suffice.
Is A 13 Inch Or 15-Inch Laptop Better?
Both the laptops sizes provide good graphic capabilities but there is one area where the size of the laptop truly matters and that is GPU space. If you have a 15-inch laptop then surely you would have more room for GPU and more space for its cooling. The 13-inch laptop lacks such a feature.
Should I Get A 13- Or 15-Inch Laptop For College?
As a college student, a 13-inch laptop is an ideal size for you. It’s because it is super lightweight, has increased portability, and can easily fit in the backpack, unlike 15-inch laptops that are heavy, less portable, and are unable to fit in the backpack.
Are 15 Inches Too Big For A Laptop?
Certainly, most mainstream laptops are too big to comfortably fit in the lap. They weigh about 5 pounds and will certainly drain your stamina with its weight if you are planning on going around with it.
Which Screen Size Is Better For A Laptop?
For usability and portability, 12-inch to 14-inch laptops are best. Laptops greater than this, are best if you don’t plan on changing your work station.
- Best Laptops 2020
- Average Laptop Life Span by Brand
- Best Laptop Bags For Air Travel
- Best Laptop For Streaming Twitch
See This Video For More Information:
For more Exciting offers and deals visit Ali Guides